Comments (5)

• asyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Deleted

This post was edited by asyoung on Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 19:30

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    10 years ago

How wide is the master closet? It looks like it is less than half as wide as the office/bedroom #5 which is right next to it. Since the office is only 11 ft wide, that would make the closet less than 5.5 ft wide. Bear in mind that clothing hanging on a rod sticks out from the wall by about 24 inches. There is no way you could hang clothing along both long wall of a 5 ft wide closet. Other than that, it is does not appear to be a bad plan.

This post was edited by bevangel on Wed, Aug 7, 13 at 0:43

• dadereni
    10 years ago

Original poster, please don't panic. Certainly don't abandon your username. Architects themselves synthesize more than "create". As an architect myself, of course I'm convinced that if you're building a home you'll get more bang for your buck by getting an architect on board, but if you're set on doing it on your own solely for your own home then rest assured that no one is going to haul you into court for using someone else's design as a point of departure. Just don't represent the final product as authentic Frank Betz or go around selling plans or homes that are blatant copies of Frank Betz's work. Which was clearly not your intent. No worries. For a typical homeowner, an actionable violation would be using your neighbor's Frank Betz drawing set to build your home. Good luck!

This post was edited by dadereni on Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 22:43

• asyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys...I'm going to repost the plan in a new post. I felt like the post was getting off subject and I didn't want to start a big discussion on copying plans. My builder has multiple build rights to the original plan and can make any modifications. In the end only the outside of the house and overall sizes were the same. Most of the interior had changed. Some of these were my changes and some were changes that the builder has made in the past.

I'm going to take a look at the walk in closet do some research on sizes before I repost it. Thanks again!

• asyoung
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys...I'm going to repost the plan in a new post. I felt like the post was getting off subject and I didn't want to start a big discussion on copying plans. My builder has multiple build rights to the original plan and can make any modifications. In the end only the outside of the house and overall sizes were the same. Most of the interior had changed. Some of these were my changes and some were changes that the builder has made in the past.

I'm going to take a look at the walk in closet do some research on sizes before I repost it. Thanks again!