Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angnrog

Updated Pics of New Build...Just Starting

angnrog
14 years ago

Hi there! My husband and I have been lurking around this particular board for the past 7 or 8 months! We live in Central Ohio and bought about 3 acres last year in August. We put our house on the market and it sold in November. So we decided to rent until we had decided on floor plans and things like that. Needless to say, we made our own floor plans (2500sq foot ranch with poured full basement, geothermal heating, Anderson Windows), we found a great GC and we just closed on our construction loan on July 31, 2009! We got a FHA Construction Loan with 3 1/2% Percent down and an interest rate of 5.75%, (We used Hungtington Mortgage-Local Bank here in town), it was a one time close and then it converts over to a regular FHA loan! We are in the beginning stages of having the land cleared and all, so I'm very excited to share the process along with you guys! Here's to a SUCCESSFUL AND ON BUDGET BUILD!! PS I Will post pics as soon as I set up photobucket account!

Comments (7)

• angnrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok I think I figured it how!
    Here are two different pictures. The first picture is when we bought the land last year. It was very heavily wooded. The second picture is from August 7, 2009! We had some of the trees cleared, but we haven't decided if we were going to clear anymore at this point on! Enjoy!

• worthy
    14 years ago

As I understand it, FHA 203K loans are for rehab and renovation. I'm just curious how you are using it for new construction. Nice lot!

• angnrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

worthy,

On our paperwork, it does not say anything about a FHA 203K loan! It is a TRUE FHA Construction Loan that turns into a FHA Loan once the house is built. We only had to finance for 29.75 years instead of 30 years since we have 9 months to build the house (which bank gave us that extra time cushion). Hope this answers your question. Again, it's not rehab or renovation. It is strictly NEW BUILD! Also, we called and spoke with Wells Fargo and they were they ones that tol us about the loan! Then we went to our loan officer that got us the loan for the land. Also, I searched the internet over and over trying to look for that loan as well when they told us about it, couldn't find it! Sometimes you just have to call and talk to the Loan Officers!

• bigkahuna
    14 years ago

Angrog,

Glad to see you're getting started.. I'm here in Columbus as well and I designed two new homes for my girlfriend and her brother out on Buckeye Lake and helped them put all the numbers together and build.. We are now in drywall stage on one and interior trim on the other. Mind if I ask whereabouts you are building? . If I can be of any assistance on suppliers etc locally don't hesitate to contact me. I am assuming your GC has most of that covered but you never know... bigkahuna9@aol.com Good Luck You are building at a good time with materials and labor at lower costs and good weather !

• angnrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bigkahuna, thank you for your post, I emailed you as well! Now is a great time to build while the building costs are down! We are building a 2500sq ft ranch for around $96.00 a sq ft. and take into account that it is has a 8/12 roof pitch, 9 foot ceilings throughout, Poured Full Basement, Amish Built Cabinets with Formica in kitchen (I had to sacrifice so my husband could get Geothermal), Geothermal heating, Cellulose Insulation and so forth. So I think we are doing it at a very fair price and with the interest rates, the time to build is now (granted, if you can)!

• angnrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• angnrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We came out to the land after it was cleared and look what was welcoming us to the neighborhood!

My "S" Driveway

Walls are formed

We have Poured Walls now