Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gaonmymind_gw

Renovator8 - Is this Neo-eclectic?

gaonmymind
11 years ago

I think the gold frame is a nice touch too.

Comments (22)

• Circus Peanut
    11 years ago

Gads, that's hideous. What's with all the return gables on these new builds?

• gaonmymind
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is from the same builder.

• gaonmymind
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh man...these beauties just keep coming. This should be a favorite because there is a big of shingles on the right.

{{gwi:1490036}}

• minneapolisite
    11 years ago

This is like "People of Wal-Mart" but for houses.

• mjlb
    11 years ago

Minne - great line!

• marcolo
    11 years ago

Thank God they rot fast.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Oh my... Now I have "People of Walmart" stuck in my head with pictures of houses flashing by! :)

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

The first ones look photoshopped. The others, just, Wow.

• gaonmymind
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kirkhall...He plans to build them exactly how they are drawn. This is from the mls and he built others that looked like those. A real winner this builder.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Your home is your castle...

• renovator8
    11 years ago

The symmetry is refreshing, I guess.

• EngineerChic
    11 years ago

The second one reminds me of a giant strip club (aka "Gentlemans club") that was right across from Costco (when we lived down South).

Those are just wrong on so many levels.

• nini804
    11 years ago

Ok, those seriously hurt my eyes. As bad as those 1st 2 renderings were, though...I can't stop looking at the 3rd one, the photograph. It makes absolutely NO sense to me. Why would they put that tiny little section of shingle siding on it? It relates to nothing on the facade. Why does that stone roof over the front porch have two column-like structures sticking up, supporting nothing? What is the purpose of that door on the far right? It can't be a friend's entrance because there is no way to access it without traipsing through the bushes, and the porch it opens to is too small to warrant an egress from the house to it,

Seriously, I wish the architect, wait, no...designer...wait, no...well, whoever it was...I wish the person responsible could explain this to me!! :)

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

They remind me of what must have been my neighbor's 'house wish list' - and her builder complied, unfortunately

**I want staggered rooflines and I want a stone knee wall (but only on the front to save $$) and I want a turret and I want clapboard and I want shake accents and I want huge carriage lights and I want pillars and I want carriage garage doors and I want a slate entry and I want multiple dormers and I want gable returns and... and... and... I want it all on the FRONT of the house so everyone can see it.**

meow. I'm sorry.

• mjlb
    11 years ago

Don't you just love the downspouts in the photo?

• gaonmymind
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The columns to nowhere are supporting the very misplaced ego of the builder who is asking near $1 million dollars for that work of art.

• Houseofsticks
    11 years ago

It always shocks me that people who are making these types of decisions are able to afford these sky's the limit neo-eclec-yick monstrosities.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Ha! Better and better... Can you share the mls listing?

• gaonmymind
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'll do you one better. Here is the website http://www.jamonthomes.com/Inventory

The house is $790k...so less than what the mls I saw said. Wouldn't spend $7.90 on it though. Wait til you see the interior.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beautiful Neo-eclectic Treasures

• nini804
    11 years ago

I really loved how they named all of the streets in the neighborhood after themselves....I saw a Jamont Circle, a Jamont Court, and a Jamont Blvd. I feel for the residents...it is like your builder can never be forgotten...they will haunt you.

• GreenDesigns
    11 years ago

The stone island is bad enough, but is that stone on the crown molding too?

{{gwi:1490038}}

The "proffessional workmanship in the dinning room for that luxory feeling" is just too too as well. The book shelving in the back yard has to be a sight.

"This house serves as the model and gives a rare insight to all the possibilities Jamont Homes has to offer. " um......um.....OK.

• Houseofsticks
    11 years ago

Oh my ga! I thought you framed them as a joke. I checked out their plans and the MB has 3 sinks! I'm thinking one for each personality. Oh, then I clicked on their "design center" and then clicked on bathrooms, you have to read it. It says, "blah,blah,blah" LOL.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz