Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordering Cabinets

Posted by kberrie1 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 15:44

We break ground this week (yeah!) and have already decided to use the Shenandoah line from Lowes for our cabinets.

With that in mind, Shenandoah is running a very good promo until Sep. 3rd. Free glaze (ours is $1900.00 worth), free sink (I know they have this anytime), free wastebasket (~$400.00), free hardware (~$200), free Wood-Tier Cutlery Divder (~150.00), and instant savings (ours would be $1600.00).

So, our first quote for $13500.00 is now around $9800.00.

My kitchen layout is not complicated and their are no "too close measurements". It's pretty straight.

Would you go ahead and order? The lady at Lowes said Shenandoah will hold your order for 6 months.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordering Cabinets

What's the worst that can happen if you have to change or cancel your order? Do you lose a deposit? If you have to change some cabinets, can you get all the others at the sale price?

If there's no downside to this, go ahead and do it.

o
RE: Ordering Cabinets

That promo has been running in one form or another since December of last year. When it expires, it will be renewed again. You are not under any great pressure to decide now, and there is NO way I'd ever recommend finalizing any cabinet order until the drywall is up and you can take final measurements. There are way too many possible changes that occur between now and then, and if you sign off on that order based on plans, and the dimensions aren't correct, then you are the one that ends up eating any errors here, plus the extra time to reorder for the mistakes. If the installer comes and does the final measure, then any errors are on his dime. (Don't forget that in most states, if the company that sells you cabinets also installs them, you do not pay sales tax on them.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here