Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
launche_gw

Negotiating 3rd Floor Walk Up Incentive

launche
10 years ago

We are considering a new construction home in NC. The builder includes an unfinished 3rd floor walk up attic for non-basement homes. The subdivision has a few basement lots which are a bit larger, have a slope and carry a $15K premuim for the lot. The price on their spec sheet for an unfinished 3rd floor is $17K, finished basement (which we will choose) is $25K.

Since the base pricing for homes are the same and the buyer pays the extra $25K for the finished basement option should they also get the unfinished 3rd floor that is included in the base price of the home or a comparable price reduction if they choose not to have the unfinished 3rd floor since they are doing the basement? Trying to determine this as a negotiating point on the final price or starting price with the builder.

I just don't think it fair other homeowners get an included unfinished 3rd floor and I would not just because I have a basement which I am paying for anyway. I would rather a $17K price reduction or that amount applied toward upgrades...any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments (2)