Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Finished Home!

Posted by uponthehilltop (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 12:01

Hello Everyone,
I had fully intended to post pictures a month ago and have been so busy with summer, but now that school has started back, I have a quiet moment to sit down and share photos!
Congratulations to everyone who is currently building. This site was a huge source of knowledge and encouragement for me during my build!
Hope everyone is doing well!!
 photo DSC03595.jpg

photo DSC03589.jpg

photo DSC03585.jpg

photo DSC03584.jpg

photo DSC03575.jpg

photo DSC03574.jpg

photo DSC03572.jpg

photo DSC03571.jpg

photo DSC03569.jpg

photo DSC03568.jpg

photo DSC03565.jpg

photo DSC03510.jpg

photo DSC03508.jpg

photo DSC03500.jpg
 photo DSC03475.jpg

photo DSC03475.jpg

photo DSC03458.jpg

photo DSC03415.jpg

photo DSC04639.jpg

photo DSC03570.jpg

photo DSC03559.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Finished Home!

Wow, really lovely! So many wonderful features. Can I ask for now what tile you used in your bathroom? It is so serene looking, thanks!

o

Beautiful! You must be settling in? Lot's of really lovely elements but I must point out one that really grabbed me - I love your kitchen hood! What a graceful shape - just smashing!

o

Hi Scrappy! Thanks for the compliment. The tile came from Jenkins Brick Company and was one of the options offered by our builder and was within our tile allowance of 3.00 psf. It comes in the 18x24 as well as 12x12 and 2x2's. We chose 18x24 for everything and the shower floor is 2x2's as well as the shower ceiling.
Hope that helps! I wish I had a name!!

o

Love it, uponthehilltop! LOVE the front entrance, the door, and that gorgeous stone. Beautiful interiors too. Congratulations!

o

Perfection! I remember seeing your build at the drywall stage and now seeing it done makes me see the light at the end of the tunnel. Enjoy it!

o

Wow - beautiful home! Thanks for sharing!

o

Nice home! I hope you're enjoying it.

o

Hope you are coming over to the decorating site on GW so we get to see what you do next. Beautiful home. Lots of great decorating advise and fun on that site.

o

Beautiful home! I especially love the kitchen - stunning! Congratulations!!

o

Really beautiful! You did an awesome job. Congratulations!

o

wow, how stunning! That first shot of your kitchen doesn't even look real - it looks like a painting!

May I ask what type of floors you have throughout the kitchen/main living areas? I love the color.

o

Thanks everyone!
Goosie- My camera was on some custom setting that day and made the coloring do that, lol.
The wood floors are from the Frontier line by Bruce, they are Golden Blonde.
We had the installer pull out the really light pieces...

o

upon-oh so pretty! So you are in and settled now yes? Congrats. It turned out spectacular. So many things to admire. Love all the details with the arches and trims. Awesome. :)

o

Well done! Aren't you glad the 2 million decisions are behind you and now you get to enjoy the place!

o

lovely home, lovely setting.....

o

Hilltop- it is truly beautiful.

o

Love it! My favorite is your beautiful entry. The stone, door, lights....ahhhh!!

o

Gorgeous home and setting! It's wonderful to see the finished project after all the hard work! Enjoy

o

Just spectacular, all around. Can I ask details of your floors? The species and the stain. We will be renovating a co-op for my daughter.

o

What a beautiful home both inside and out! Congratulations for your selections. Well done! I bet you can't wait to move in!

o

Thanks everyone! I am so thankful that the building decisions are complete. Now, I am faced with decorating dilemmas and a need for new furniture!!

As far as the wood floors go, they are from the Frontier line by Bruce Hardwood Floors, they are Golden Blonde.
We had the installer pull out the really light pieces...and made sure they really mixed it up to give it the beautiful finished look!

o

Hilltop, that is indeed a beautiful home. I was curious what the size of your kitchen is. Mostly the three legs of the U. Mine will be 16'4" by roughly 12'. I'm trying to get a visual of my space with an island in it.
thanks in advance, enjoy decorating!

o

Hey there Mrshalf! My finished dimensions are around
15 3/8 feet by 12 feet. I think you have to take into account that the plans are from framing, prior to sheetrock. Looks like your kitchen might be a smidge larger than mine. I'd LOVE to see how you have yours laid out as far as appliance placement and so on. I feel like it is plenty large and I feel like I have TONS of space around my island.

I gave up my double oven to do the buffet wall of cabinets. What I don't have pictured is my walk in pantry. I ended up purchasing this AMAZING Breville oven that can cook anything you cook in the oven, it just has to fit on a half sheet pan.

So, even though I don't have my dream double oven, I do have a back up in the pantry that can handle breads, small casseroles and warming up items.

Please do post your kitchen plan. Do you know your island dimensions?

o

The staging is awful!!!
It looks cold and impersonal like nobody lives there. IMHO I think it would look better with furniture, drapes and some nice area rugs. But aside from that it looks like a house built circa 2014, in the US, which is fine if you like that sort of thing.
Casey

o

Gorgeous! You really thought through ALL of the details. You must be so proud!

o

Beautiful home. Enjoy.

o

Wow, I hope the poster above understood that the house had not even been moved into prior to these pictures being taken! We are not living in an empty house.
Not sure who that poster is, but have never seen such a rude commenter!

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments. And for the record, we do have window treatments and furnishings etc., lol!

o

Ignore the grump!

You have a lovely home. Congratulations!!

o

Check that sarcasm meter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here