Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Height of Great Room Cathedral

Posted by kberrie1 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 11:27

Curious to know the approximate height of the great room in this plan with the cathedral ceiling. Can anyone venture an educated guess?
TIA!

If the pitch is 8/12 and the room is appx. 19x19'6.

Here is the plan and the outside (the GR is where the 2433 is and the cathedral runs the line.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Height of Great Room Cathedral

Roughly 7' plus whatever the room height is. So 8' walls plus 7' would give you 15', 9' walls give you 16', that is up to the peak.

o

FWIW, this elevation doesn't match your floorplan (unless you've been modifying your floorplan). The master bath window/master bath extension does not exist in your elevation.

o

Sorry you are correct, I modified the floor plan.

The ceilings are 9'.

Thanks!
Could you enlighten me on how you figure this?

o

8 divided by 12 times 10 equals 6.77777.

6.7777 plus 9 equals 15.777, or 15'8" from the floor to the peak.

y = mx + b�good old Algebra!

This isn't exact, your room is either 19' or 19'6" wide, I assumed it was 20 just because I could do the math in my head a bit easier. If we go with 19' instead of 20', then your height from floor to peak is 15'4". Not much difference.

o

THANKS!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here