Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Completion time from sheetrock installed???

Posted by aucorley (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 11:25

Our sheetrock was completed Monday being mud and taped. They still have to come sand everything.

My question is how long for a 3200sq ft house would we be able to anticpate closing from here? Here's what's left...

Trim install, primed and painted
Brick is halfway complete
Hardie soffits and facea boards are halfway complete
Cabinets are built, but won't be stained until closer to instal (after painting)
Final Electrical install
Final Plumbing/Gas install
Final grade of yard/sprinkler/sod/landscaping

Thanks for the advice/opinions as usual!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Completion time from sheetrock installed???

Impossible to tell for certain as it depends on to many variables. Could be 6 weeks could be 6 months.

o

I agree that it's impossible to tell but I can tell you that we are at the same stage as you and our house is supposed to be done in 6 weeks. But, our house is 2400 sq ft and pretty plain - no coffered ceilings, wainscotting, or built-ins. I guess that's not much help except that you know it will be more than 6 weeks. I'm anxious too : )

o

To expound on what I mentioned, how many different subs, how large are thier crews, what was thew original timeline for completeion of the project, what is the lead time for materials? Tons of unanswerable questions from our end.

o

To expound on what I mentioned, how many different subs, how large are thier crews, what was thew original timeline for completeion of the project, what is the lead time for materials? Tons of unanswerable questions from our end.

o

Depends on your subs & your inspector. Period.

o

Our builder tried to give us a general time of about 30 days or so after drywall is up. I wouldn't believe any of their estimates until you actually start to get close. We didn't have any exotic or special finishes and that 30 days we were told has turned into more like 60+ days!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here