Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackfre

Hardi Siding

jackfre
10 years ago

I am in the middle of a remodel at our home and while the primary project is to build a new kitchen, up and down baths and laundry, I am also residing and putting in new windows. I chose Hardi "Artisan Plank" siding...quite by accident. I ordered the material and thought it would be the standard clapboard type.

When delivered I found that the "plank" part was true. This material is 7 1/2 x 5/8 x 12'. We bought the pre-finished Sail cloth color. I've been working with the crew on putting this up and I have to say, we are all very pleased with this product. It lays flat. It handles well on installation. Number 8 galvies in a nail gun are no problem for it. It is t&g on the ends so the joints lay flat. The only negative is that when applied with the overlap of the siding, to give a 6" exposed
view, is about 1 1/4"-1 1/2" deep, so you need some beefie trim. I had ordered Azek plastic for our trim in 5/4 and 6/4 and I ended up having to put up 3/4" sub trim and apply the Azek over that. I rabbited the plastic and it looks good. If the Azek wasn't a special order I'd have gone with cedar, but we have worked around things. The pre-finish on the siding is very good too. I will have to touch up some scuffs, but I will not have to paint the house when the siding is up.

I called the architect and he loves the look of the material. He has, so far this week, brought up two other clients to see it.

I give this Hardi Artisan Plank 5 Stars!!

Comments (3)