Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for modern zero clearance fireplace?

Posted by Kiwigem (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 10:53

Hi! Couldn't delete my last post so trying again. I found out that the fireplace I luuuuuv- the Phenix Green- is a $9K item(!!!!). Not an option. Anyone have any ideas for a sleek looking zero clearance wood burning fireplace? It doesn't have to heat the whole house or anything. I would love a hideaway or full-view glass screen.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for modern zero clearance fireplace?

You want wood burning or is gas ok?

o

We just put in a Supreme zero Clearance wood burning in our new build, we've not moved in yet, so I can't speak to how well in operates. They're made in Canada and were recommended by the fireplace/stove shop we shopped at.

Here is a link that might be useful: Supreme fireplaces

o

RSF Opel3 is a nice looking fireplace. We just purchased it and love that the single door gives you great fireplace visibility PLUS you can leave the door open with just the fireplace screen in. I believe we paid about $2700 for the fireplace and another couple $k for the chimney and such.

The RSF focus is also a great, more modern version.

o

Thank you both! I really like the RSF focus. Actually the supreme is really neat, but I'd like to find one without a visible vent if possible.

o

It appears that the Lennox Estate series 36" and 50" are the only ones left that have good opening proportions. The others either have unsightly grilles and/or short openings.

The Lennox Colonial 36 was the best I've ever seen but apparently it is no longer offered.

Sadly authentic looking fireplaces are on their way to extinction.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lennox

o

I just put in the Pacific Energy FP30. I don't know how it works yet, but it has a clean face, single door, and no vents! And it (supposedly) puts out tons of heat. Its wood burning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pacific Energy FP30

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here