Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to put stove.....need help fast!!

Posted by Tracik3 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 9:52

We are doing our final before drawings to go to print. I so wish I could get a picture here but it won't work. UGH

Anyway they have the stove next to the refrig with a little counter in between. Then there is a whole long counter then a little counter with the sink and a pass through to the living room. Sink and refrig can't be moved. But, I'm not sure I like the stove next to the regrig. I'm thinking the regrig will get greasy and its a ways from the sink. Should I move it to the long counter space? I hope someone understands this and can give some in sight!! Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to put stove.....need help fast!!

I personally like having my stove next to a long counter run. That way I can chop vegetables on a cutting board next to the stove and transfer the chopped veggies into a pan/pot on the stove without having to carry them across the kitchen floor (during which I inevitably will spill some).

o

I was thinking of this and also when I need to put something hot into the sink. I also think it will look more uniform. That big counter space looks off balance or something.

I think I'm going to have it moved. Thanks!

o

TraciK3- If you email me the picture of the layout, I'll get it posted for you. Just click on my user name and then click on 'Send an Email'. In the case of layouts, the old saying "A picture is worth a 1,000 words" is very true.

o

I want at least 2' of counter space on either side of cooktop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here