Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changes at end of build?

Posted by mjtx2 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 7:32

Okay here's a fun one: What changes can/did you do towards the END of your build? Be they extensive modifications or just small tweaks, what did you do at the end of the game to make your new home just right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changes at end of build?

We added beams to the vaulted ceiling in our master. The master was originally drawn by the architect as a simple 10' ceiling like the rest of the house, but dh wanted to vault it as there is nothing above our master. Well, we did, and it became this enormous expanse of plain vaulted ceiling. Builder suggested beams, we *gulped* at the price...but OMG I am so glad we did it...makes a world of difference. And, as I told dh, adding beams later is not the kind of project you ever seem to get around to. We have so many other things (ambitious landscape plans, etc) plus
9 yo and 12 yo children that seem to occupy all of our $ and time...if we hadn't done it during the build, I don't know when we would have gotten around to it.

o
RE: Changes at end of build?

That's a great late change! Worth the money I'm sure. I know I'm changing some light fixtures - some of the ones I ordered just weren't right. I'm also changing paint colors - just wondering how common last minute changes are!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here