Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
long driveway material

Posted by williemon (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 0:10

Getting close with our build. We need about 150 to 200 ft of driveway on our wooded lot after construction is complete. Area to driveway is clear and flat currently has m10 on it. Its dusty. What can we use as a final drive? No concrete or blacktop. What are some good cheap options? Im in Georgia. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: long driveway material

Google is your friend. The common old-fashioned dust control is calcium chloride, applied yearly. There are now several proprietary dust control applications that may be better.
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: Gravel Dust Control

o

I am assuming that m10 is gravel driveway. We have a 450 ft gravel driveway as our drive and it works great. Just needs refresher gravel every year or two. Not much problem with dust since the record rainfall this year.

o

m10 from what I understand from my builder is much smaller than gravel. Its like a large grain sand. I thought it would be great, but when its dry, it has a lot of dust.

o

"The common old-fashioned dust control is calcium chloride, applied yearly."

You are going to have a lot of dust if you try annual applications of calcium chloride.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here