Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
borasr

Plan feedback

switchback
9 years ago

Hi folks,
We have a partial floor plan and would appreciate any constructive comments you could provide. The right side of the home is still a work in progress and is not provided here. The right side of the home will include the master bedroom, bathroom, and closet, as well as the Laundry room. Thanks for your time.

This post was edited by switchback on Thu, Nov 20, 14 at 20:58

Comments (4)

• pixie_lou
    9 years ago

Who's going to live in this house? Where is it located.

Where do your stairs go? Second floor? Basement?

When you enter from the garage, their is no mudroom or anywhere to put coats, boots, mail, etc. Personally I have never seen the need for the huge mudrooms, but I do see a need for a place to put outdoor gear near the entrance.

On that note you also do not have a coat closet in your main entry foyer.

That's a really long hallway to get to bedrooms 2 and 3. In fact there are lots of hallways. Hallways can be considered wasted square footage.

Also in bedroom 2. If this is a kids room, I don't think you need a toilet closet. One kid doesn't need that type of privacy. Heck, most kids don't even close the door to their bathroom en suite or not.

Without dimensions for things like bathrooms and closets, it's hard to decide if they will be efficient or not.

So far the plan you posted has lots of corners. Lots of jogs in the foundation. It could end up over complicated and expensive with a tricky elevation and roofline. Especially along the back of the house. I think the plan could be greatly simplified and become more efficient.

• switchback
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My husband and I will be living in the home.

The stairs will go to the basement and up to the bonus room above the 2 car garage.

Looking at putting a " mudroom" along the right side wall as you enter the friends entry.

Great point on the door to the toilet in Bedroom 2. This room will be used by my mom who visits throughout the year. Will need to make the shower bigger.

I was trying to have open access to the back bedrooms from the kitchen. Any help on how to reconfigure ?

Bedroom 2: Shower 4 X 3
    Closet 7 X 6
    Bedroom 3 : Bathroom 9 X 5
    Closet 5 X 6

• dekeoboe
    9 years ago

The stairs will go to the basement and up to the bonus room above the 2 car garage.

Then shouldn't the stairs be closer to the garage?

Why do you have so many corners on the exterior of the house? I am wondering what the roof will be like to accommodate all the corners.

• switchback
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This will be a craftsman style ranch home. Maybe I can move the stairs on the backside of the garage to the bonus room. Thanks!