Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahbr2

house plan help- 2nd floor

sarahbr2
9 years ago

Our house plan has to be slightly altered to accommodate new elevations (thanks to nicke360 and everyone else for their help with that!) The wall containing the front door will be moving 1f 6in out. We could just move this wall and leave things where they are (see picture) but I am wondering if we could move the staircase 1ft 6in forward in order to increase the kitchen size. Downstairs I think this is doable but the second floor would have to be altered to accommodate this. I made an attempt at what this would look like but not sure it works. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or if I should leave things where they are.

Moving the stairs would move the hallway upstairs. I wanted all the bedrooms to be approximately 12x13 so the font wall would now be too close to the hall to fit any bedrooms. They seem to fit on the back wall (see second posting with my attempt at a new plan) but then I am not sure how the entry to the corner room would work since it ends up in the playroom (the playroom is the larger room).

Comments (3)