Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet and touching up paint

Posted by carra (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 22:28

My house is nearing the completion stage. All the rooms have been painted with an eggshell finish. The painters painted my bonus room the wrong color, but they are telling my builder that they don't want to repaint it until they do the touch ups, which won't be until after the carpet is installed. We would like them to do the repainting now. The painters claim that they cannot touch up eggshell paint and that the carpet installers will mark up the walls and they will not be able to touch up. We've gone back and forth with our builder because we don't understand the issue since all the other rooms that have carpet have already been painted. Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet and touching up paint

Eggshell doesn't touch up well. Better to paint an entire wall.

As a builder, I always have carpet put in last. Even with eggshell paint on the walls. It's hard for the carpet installers to claim any damage, "not mine."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here