Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reenee49

Certainteed Mahogany Stained Cement Fiber Siding.

reenee49
15 years ago

Hello,

We are building a new home in Missouri. I just ordered my siding. I ordered the Certainteed Mahogany Prestained Cement Fiber Siding that looks like real cedar siding. I still have not found a picture with this color. Does anyone have any pictures with this color? Would love to see them if you do. Thanks!

Comments (8)

• mimi72
    15 years ago

Try the link below...I bookmarked this some time back for inspiration photos (inside and out). It was posted by someone on one of these forums. I am fairly sure that I remember the poster saying that it was mahogany Certainteed siding.

Here is a link that might be useful: I think this is Certainteed Mahogany

• dcaslin
    15 years ago

That's our house. It is indeed Certainteed Mahogany Fiber Cement Siding. We considered their Redwood color as well but found that it looked too carrot-colored, not as natural as the mahogany. See the link below for a full set of photos of the house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Full House Set

• mdezzy4
    14 years ago

dcaslin...........I really like the look of your house with the Certainteed siding. I was wondering if you have had any trouble with it?

My wife and I are taking a serious look at this product but would like some feedback from people who have used it.

Thanks.

• dcaslin
    14 years ago

We've been in the house a year and had zero trouble with it. The one example school we saw had one problem, not that I can blame Certainteed. They used heavy duty tape to attach a movie screen to their siding and the tape ending up marring the finish when they pulled it off several days later. Other than that, I've never even heard of people having problems with fiber cement that was properly installed. From research on this site I'd suggest you use a builder/contractor that has fiber cement experience, to make sure they install it right, and you'll be fine.

We did have some trouble with our Azek trim. The dark paint job on it caused it to heat up a lot in the sun and expand and pop-out. Our builder was really cool about it and had people out to fix any problem areas. An Azek rep came out and suggested they use screws rather than nails to attach the trim and so far that's worked great.

-Dave

• mdezzy4
    14 years ago

Hey Dave (dcaslin). Thanks for the info, this is all very helpful

Not too be too much of a pain but would you happen to have any pictures of your house that you could attach? My wife is a very visual person and would love to see some houses that have used this product.

Thanks again.

• dcaslin
    14 years ago

Try the link below (its the same one from earlier in the thread) it's a chronological set of our house build from digging our well on page one to after we've moved in on page 5.

-Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: House Photo Set

• cowboy_79_1999_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

How is the siding holding up now that its been a few years? We are buying the same siding in that color for our new house. You are the only example I could find so far.

Shaun

• dcaslin
    13 years ago

It seems to be holding up just great. We've had some rough icy winters, tons of wind, 100+ degree summers and it looks just great to us. Logically I think it has to have faded some, however I can't tell if it has (I haven't compared pictures or anything though).