Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
suggestions on these 2 brick colors

Posted by jarondishner (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 19:53

My wife and I are building a home. She did not want to pick out any colors up until last week and now we only have 1 week to make the decision.
So the first thing we pick was a black onyx roof. It was a last resort because we did not know what color brick we wanted.

Next, our trim and windows will be white...no choice because we waited too late to pick the color of the windows or we would have went with beige or tan.

So if anybody is familiar with Silas Lucas brick. How do you think it will look with a black roof and white trim?

I uploaded a pick of the home were building. He had already built the floor plan in the past.

My wife wants to stick with the same color brick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: suggestions on these 2 brick colors

1st color, which is the original home that builder has built in the past.

o

the next 2 picks are the color we are thining about

o

and another

o

and one i tried to photoshop with black roof and white trim

o

I am no expert, but I like the grayer brick that you show in the first picture.

Although it does not have a black roof I think that it will look nice.

All the options look ok. Although I can understand wanting to make the right choice, having only a week can make you doubt your decisions. I think no matter which you choice it will be lovely.

o

Black roof seems like it would increase heat in attic in summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here