Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ocscott

What would you do?

ocscott
11 years ago

I just built a home and paid a ridiculous amount of money to have a central vacuum system installed. Unfortunately, we were not given a choice in brands and models. The wiring company did the installation and gave us the Dirt Devil 990 Pro Series Central Vac. It's a 4,500 sq ft home with an outlet in the unfinished basement, 3 outlets and vac pan on the main level, and 3 outlets on the upstairs level with the 4 bedrooms. We haven't received our tool kit yet as the company is coming out on Friday to deliver them. My question for you is if you are familiar with the system because I heard they are made by HP just like Vacuflo? I borrowed my parents' hose and the suction feels very weak. It feels like it has half the suction of any vacuum I have ever owned. Is this typical for this brand/model? In fact, I purposely made my parents bring up their Turbocat (they have a MD Silentmaster with centec power nozzle) to see if it would clean the rugs and the brush barely even spins off the Dirt Devil. When the Turbocat is hooked up to my parent's Silentmaster it sounds like it will take off! I'm wondering if I could convince the wiring company to refund the price of the system? I doubt they're willing to do this but I cannot imagine cleaning without the convenience of a powerful central vac! If they do, what are your brand recs? Thanks so much for any insights/advice!

Comments (4)