Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isabelparsons_gw

Difficult lot down south- please give us some floor plan feedback

IsabelParsons
10 years ago

Sorry for the poor image quality. I'll try again in the future when I am more skilled at image uploading. Thanks for all your thoughtful inputs.

This post was edited by IsabelParsons on Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 23:35

Comments (6)

• lmccarly
    10 years ago

The plan is a little hard to read but what struck me immediately is that your house is very large and yet you have to walk through rooms to get to other rooms. Would like to have better flow if it was my house.

I do like the master closet attached to the laundry and the outdoor space.

• lolauren
    10 years ago

Yes, can you repost with one that is larger? I can't tell what rooms are, even when zoomed in.

• User
    10 years ago

I can't read much either, but it seems to be an immense home for someone looking for a retirement home. And unusually inwardly focused with poor transition between spaces. The roof has to be gigantically bulky And it's on acreage to boot. That will be very challenging to keep up. Unless you plan to permanently pay for help to do all of that.

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

It will be a very expensive build. I count something like 37 corners on the exterior on the first and second stories. It's extremely complex, considering a house only needs 4 corners at it's simplest.

I can't discern much from the plan except its complexity, and I agree that this does not appear to be a house to grow old in unless you have help.

That may be a part of the equation, I don't know, I do know, though, if you built a house with a simpler Form, you would have more in the budget to spend on quality and details, and no matter how large your budget, that is always a consideration in my opinion. (because I've never known anyone who did not have some sort of budget although they must exist).

I would rather have smaller, simpler and exceptionally crafted rather than exceptionally large and complex with average quality and workmanship. Your mileage may vary.

• IsabelParsons
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all your comments. I tried to post a higher resolution jpeg in the test forum but I could not see an improvement in quality. It is very different from the original when I download the posted image and use a photo viewer to enlarge. So sorry, I do appreciate all the squinting! I'll do some research to try to find a method to improve the posted image. I can magnify my original to 800% and it is still very sharp.

• lolauren
    10 years ago

post it on photobucket, imageshack or some other photo sharing site and then share the link... GW resizes the photos.