Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soft, true white for exterior? (Hardiplank modern farmhouse)

Posted by courtney1000 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 18:56

Hi. We are looking for a Sherwin Williams soft neutral white - really do not want a yellow or creamy tone - house may get strong sun in places. I am afraid of blinding white shades - any suggestions? I've seen F&B and BM colors but not so many SW suggestions.

We'll have bluestone/flagstone porch and walkway, and haven't decided roof yet - architectural shingles, hoping for slate like dark gray, metal roof over porch.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soft, true white for exterior? (Hardiplank modern farmhouse)

SW7056 Reserved White
also look at SW7666 Fleur de Sel

o

We used SW Eider White to paint our brick home. It is a cooler white, not creamy at all. Picking whites is so hard, we agonized over this decision...I must have tried 10 different paints on our sample brick board the builder made for us.

o

Oooh, yes, SW Eider white is excellent. We used it for a hallway and two sunroom walls (interior spaces). Very nice suggestion, nini. I think it would be excellent as a siding paint.

o

Not sure if it's 'soft' or not, but we're really pleased with our choice of SW Moderne White.

Jay

Here is a link that might be useful: Vitt Hus

o

We used Shoji White by Sherwin Williams and I love it. I saw it on a bank and called to ask what the color was. I was surprised when i saw it on the color card because it has some gray undertones but on the house it's the perfect white. No yellow, no brown, no gray, but just a fresh white. Not stark though. I'd post a pic but photobucket is acting wacky right now. I can't pull up the website. I'll try later

o

i saw this on houzz and liked it. it's called westhighland white by sherwin williams. i haven't checked out the sample card yet. we are building again and I'm torn as to whether i want to use Shoji again or try something different just for fun. westhighland white is one i want to consider. it looks to be pretty creamy, however. not quite as fresh as shoji

http://www.houzz.com/photos/80000/RJ-Elder-Design-traditional-garage-and-shed-other-metro

http://www.houzz.com/photos/79995/RJ-Elder-Design-traditional-garage-and-shed-other-metrov

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here