Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Needing home designer or architect in York County SC

Posted by houseofsticks (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 17:55

I am in need of a home designer in York County, SC. We are in need of adding on to our very modest stockade style cabin. Please let me know if you know of any based on experience or if you are available for offline assistance for some extra money for completed drawings: floor plan, elevations,...wil be necessary.

Attached is the photo of our current home. I am *struggling* to get either a 3 bedroom/2 bath/new kitchen and living area in the new portion. approx 900-1300 sqft

Existing already includes:
pantry area
living area
office
playroom or dining room
UL guest suite

We are a family of 4 with 2 growing children (ages 7 and 4)also have an indoor dog and always will.

http://photobucket.com/houseofstickscabin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needing home designer or architect in York County SC

My architect is in GA, but he works on oot projects. Let me know if you want his info. He is great to work with.

o
RE: Needing home designer or architect in York County SC

gaonmymind, I'd like someone local but having trouble finding one that is not already with a builder. If you could forward his website or info. I'd be grateful. I am so far north I'm almost in NC so still trying to find someone local as well. I noticed we conversed in a prior posting on your plan-I can't access now as the photos were removed but, at the time you also had Ina Garten's Kitchen of the year as your inspiration. Is this the plan your going with? I had shortened the island to 10' from this plan (4'8"X10') so we didn't have to buy more slabs (granite) and we couldn't afford the beautiful soapstone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here