Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zkgardner

jack and jill baths

zkgardner
9 years ago

I know from reading the forum that they are not super popular on here,but with tht said we are doing one in our build. My question is for those doing or those who have them.

We are trying to decide which setup to have. The kind that you enter the bath from the bedroom, sinks in main area, pocket door to toilet and shower. Or the style that has the sink and vanity off the bedroom( in the bedroom but in the bath area) with the door leading into the shared toilet shower?

We have a boy an girl who would be sharing this set up.

Thanks!!

Comments (8)

• NWHobart
    9 years ago

We have private vanities right off the bedroom leading to a closed off toilet/shower room and also have a boy and a girl. I think the separate sink/mirror area will come in really handy when our little girl gets older.

• Bridget19
    9 years ago

If you have room for the vanities off the bath, I like that idea. I love J/J baths, especially with multiple kids. We have 4 kids and we have 2 in one bedroom and 2 in the other. Works well!! We have the two sinks together and then a door with the toilet and tub. We have all girls though.

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

Will the vanities be on carpet? If so, then no. If they will have a durable flooring, that works for hairspray, and other products, then sure.

• nini804
    9 years ago

We have a J & J bath for one of our secondary baths. Dd "shares" the bath with the guest room. Her room and the guest room each have a separate sink/vanity area off the bedroom area. It is tiled. Dd's is very nice because the architect designed a huge closet for her off this vanity area...so it makes a wonderful dressing room area for her. The guest room just has a regular walk in (small, though) closet in the bedroom part.

• bdpeck-charlotte
    9 years ago

We have a sink off each bedroom, with a door from each into the tub/toilet room. We also have a boy and girl, 3 and 5.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

If you can, separate the toilet from the shower so the teenaged love of long hot showers doesn't cause friction with the other kid needing to take a pee.

• zkgardner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone! The flooring in the sink and vanity area will be stained concrete or tile no carpet in wet area's.
    Bdpeck- ours will be 3(b) 5 (g) when we move in. We had wanted each to have their own but then I decided they should learn to share. Its probably a good lesson to learn while young lolðÂÂÂ
    I hope he's able to make it work with the current space we have alloted to the shared bath.

• lolauren
    9 years ago

"The kind that you enter the bath from the bedroom, sinks in main area, pocket door to toilet and shower. "

THIS kind, with a double sink, if there is room. We have it and enjoy it.

The other kind, where you have to lock/unlock two doors every time you want to shower/potty is very obnoxious to me. My mom has one in her home, and I have shared that J&J with various relatives or guests. Nearly every time I have shared, someone forgets to unlock the door when they are done. Maybe it's different because guests aren't in the habit of doing that each time, but I find it annoying.

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource