Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you put with these pendants??

Posted by AngelaZ (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 17:38

Hi guys! I posted this in the home decorating forum but since I'm usually hanging out here, and I know you guys have exellent advice, I wanted to see what your thoughts are.

We are building a home and are in the final stages. We don't have a formal dining room, but rather a large eat-in kitchen. I have an island and am planning to use this type of pendant over the island:

With the dining area being in the same room as the kitchen, the fixtures obviously need to be harmonious, but I don't want them to be too matchy.

So what would you put with these pendants if your were using them?

You guys have such great taste! Thanks in advance for your input!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you put with these pendants??

That reminds me of the fixtures from school house electric.

Depends on your style, but if you want that same classic early 20th century american feel, how 'bout:

Here is a link that might be useful: School House Electric

o

Barn Light Electric is another source for lights of that style.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barn Light Electric

o

Love Barn Light Electric schoolhouse lights!!!

We ended up switching gears but originally we were hunting for very similar ones. This Old House magazine this month had some inexpensive school house lights listed in a Save vs. Splurge. Might be worth grabbing a copy of this months to check it out.

o

I would check out Rejuvination, too. It is such a classic fixture that anything simple in the same metal finish would work well with it.

o

Google sonneman bistro fixture

Check out restoration hardware

and visualcomfort.com

Actually I think most of restoration hardwares are made by visual comfort

Once you find one you like, be sure to type it in to nexttag before buying. I've found a few visual comfort fixtures for 400 less via nextag

o

I saw a beautiful house that used these school house lights and the dining room used ballard designs large Calisse Pendant over the dining table. It was beautiful and the way I'm going to go .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here