Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
popeda

Lights for Craftsman/Prairie style home?

popeda
11 years ago

Anyone have pics and info on lights you used in a Craftsman or Prairie style home?

Comments (8)

• zyllah
    11 years ago

I'd check out rejuvenation hardware. You can also search the interiors board at american bungalow magazine. If I don't find a craftsman where we're moving we're going to build one too. Where did you get your plan from? I can't find one that's quite right.

• chibimimi
    11 years ago

We have a somewhat craftsman/arts and crafts home. Light fixtures are from a variety of manufacturers -- Rejuvenation, Meyda Tiffany, and others. Some were ordered from Lighting Universe, which features a "search by style."

• Jack Kennedy
    11 years ago

Check with Arroyo Craftsman http://www.arroyo-craftsman.com/
    They do fantastic pieces, with lots of options on finish and glass

• catbuilder
    11 years ago

Try Brass Light Gallery.

• popeda
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.

Amazon has a book available called Arts & Crafts Home
    Plans;we took the cover pic (big porch, 4over1 windows) as our inspiration and then my DH designs a home that meets our needs. The front will merely remind you of the picture. Actually the bottom floor is almost what we just sold; the top is why we're building, a little apt. for a family member.

• zyllah
    11 years ago

Thanks I'll check out the book. I want a more authentic interior and floorplan. I really like bungalow company/christian gladu designs but to get a custom plan for him is probably out of our budget since he wants 10-15% of the construction budget. There are a couple of other people I'm looking at too. I'd love to see your build as it goes along:) Oh! I have no idea if this will be helpful to you at all but heart of oak workshop will do trim based on your plans and then you just have to get someone to install it. I want dark trim so I'm trying to find good options.

• popeda
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Our budget is going to be tight, so I'm sure we'll have painted pine or mdf trim. My DB who is helping us has experience making some nice window and door trim from restoring my father's old 1911 house for his son. My DH got his start with wood helping his father as a trim carpenter, so I think we'll get some nice stuff, but not likely "authentic" in oak. Sometimes you just have to compromise.

• zyllah
    11 years ago

I'm not even sure I can do it on my budget after we take lot prices into account (dc area is really expensive). I'm at the gathering info stage. One reason I really want stained woodowork at least downstairs is I have young children and I spend way way too much time cleaning it. Anyway you're lucky my DH isn't the DIY type.