Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
astonerii

Trying to find prices and suppliers for house superstructure.

astonerii
10 years ago

I have been trying to find suppliers and general prices for the superstructure of a new home I am early in the process of designing. I really need to figure out how much house I can build so I can start killing off my dreams one square foot at a time. I live in Western North Carolina.

The structure I want would be a concrete prefab insulated sandwich wall exterior with the same type of wall separating the house and the garage, using prestressed hollow core plank which would span 48 feet for the floor and the roof.

I already got a quote from superior walls. It is a reasonable quote, but I am not convinced that their walls are the best I can get. They also do not deal with the hollow core panels. Which I still need a run of the mill cost estimate on. I have contacted Metromont, and they seem like a great company, but they have minimum requirements, they still might quote me but it will likely be high due to the minimums. The original very rough quote was $175,000, but at the time I thought it included the floor plank, so I resubmitted with a more detailed list of my items, and I was then told they do not include floor planks, so now I am thinking that the quote was just for the walls, which would make it prohibitive.

As of right now, my design will need 384 linear feet of basement, 384 linear feet of above grade wall. Since I am doing a full span, the hollow core planks will be 16 inches deep. The stairs will take off 13 feet from the length of two of the hollow core planks, leaving me needing (56) 48 footers and (4) 35 footers.

I think the problem finding a supplier is that the types of items I want are made by big manufacturers that really only deal with 30,000 square foot and above structures.

So using a millions words to convey little knowledge, I am looking for manufacturers of these precast systems that work at the large home size.

Also, if anyone has a favorite architect in the Asheville area they have been pleased with, please advise.

If it makes any difference, I am wanting to stay within a $380,000 build limit, with the primary importance of having a very high quality structure that can be upgraded as I get yearly bonus's from work.

Comments (3)