Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cedar32

Tuff N' Dri foundation waterproofing

cedar32
14 years ago

anyone use it on their foundation? We are considering using it with the Warm N' Dri board. Any comments you could share would be a help.... thanks.

Comments (10)

• worthy
    14 years ago

I used a product similar to the Warm N'Dri before Delta Type Membranes were available on retrofits. The main advantage I see is that it provides thermal value where finished inside walls don't have insufficient insulation.

The problem with spray-on waterproofing is it doesn't bridge larger cracks that seem to develop no matter how carefully you build. So I go with a membrane product and insulate the foundation from the inside. Builders/owners sometimes go with the sprayed-on waterproofing followed by a membrane.

• worthy
    14 years ago

I used a product similar to the Warm N'Dri before Delta Type Membranes were available on retrofits.

I used a product similar to the Warm N'Dri on retrofits before Delta Type Membrane was available here.

• culater94
    14 years ago

Just had it done on our foundation with the Warm N'Dri. The price was very good, and supposedly the Warm N'Dri helps shed the water also. We R-5, as he was out of the R-10, and I was on a timeframe. We did it as a precaution, we are built into ledge, which is draining very well.

• fish7577
    14 years ago

anyone willing to share approximate pricing on the project? How many linear feet of basement and what depth? We're looking at waterproofing options now.

• culater94
    14 years ago

$0.84 /sqft for Tuff n' dry
    $1.10 / sqft for Warm N' Dry

My basement walls are 9'6", so he did over 8', but I have a walkout, so approximately 1000 sqft

I snapped the ties myself and filled the holes with the hydraulic, so he discounted a tiny bit from the above price.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• cedar32
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks all for sharing the comments....
    CULATER94.... what thickness Warm N'Dri board did you use?
    the price you mentioned is much less than what i've been quoted... but then I thought maybe you're using the 1 inch board...I'm planning on using the 2 3/8 What part of the country are you in?

Thanks

• culater94
    14 years ago

r-5, maybe 1 1/4. in CT. I would have had to wait for the r-10, which would have been 2.00 / sqft, but my window for getting this done was very tight. I am doing an owner build, and keeping to the schedule for my contractors as tightly as possible.

• culater94
    14 years ago

correction, yes 1 inch

• cedar32
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for the follow up. we're in eastern MA and for the 2.375 board i received quotes from $2.75 to 3.40 a square foot. I did a bit of reading on the system and it seems very good. The warm n dri board is also very resistant to bug infestation.

• culater94
    14 years ago

I do believe the company I used may travel. They go all over CT, you aren't that much further away. I wanter to use the R-10, which would have made it ~2.84 a square, but they did not have enough, he would have ordered, but I had no time. A couple things I can tell you, make sure your footings are clean, by that I mean, no dirt, rocks etc., as any company may spray right over it. Have your excavator snap a line for grade on your foundation, then it is sprayed just below your line, and not visible on the foundation.