Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Starting on my way~~

Posted by phoggie (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 16:12

Just wanted to let my friends on this forum who have been so faithful to follow my saga.... The house plans that Summerfield drew up for me have been tweaked a bit...and my Amish crew is going to stake it out on my lot Friday...and I am so excited, and nervous at the same time! I hope it will sit in there so I get full views of the pretty little lake. They will start digging the footings etc. soon and framing should start last of August or first of September and they think I should be in by Christmas.

It is quite an undertaking for a 70 year old woman, so I hope that everything will fall into place as planned. Since DH died so suddenly, I have had a hard time making some decisions on my own, so hope my contractor will guide me and it will be a home I can enjoy for several years to come.

I am sure I will be back with lots of questions...but anyway, here I go!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Starting on my way~~

Congrats! I can't wait to hear (and see) your progress. Anytime you need help we are all here to help! :)

o

I'm sure this is a bittersweet time for you but hopefully the excitement of the build and the new home you'll have will minimize the understandable sadness you experience. From what you've said, your crew sounds like a great fit for you and I'm hopeful the builder will be patient and understanding when you feel overwhelmed. And of course, there are all the fabulous eyes and minds here to help you - I'm continually amazed at the vision of some posters! I'm excited for you - it'll be great to tag along and watch!

o

So happy and so excited for you. I know it's scary but I also know YOU can do it. If you haven't done so already, tell that Amish builder of yours about GW and let him know that we're ALL gonna be watching his work and cheering him on... as long as he treats you right. But if he "messes" with you, he's gonna have a whole country full of Gardenwebbers ready to stomp on him for you. LOL!

Do keep us posted and best wishes to you.

o

Congratulations! I hope you are able to enjoy the building process. May you have many happy years in your new home.

o

Good for you. Cheering you on.

o

merry Christmas :-)

trust that all will go well ...

o

Congrats Phoggie! I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your posts.

o

Phoggie- Congratulations! I am so happy for you :)

o

Thank you for all of your well wishes and words of inspiration. You are such a wonderful group and I am
so happy to have found this site.

I'll have to learn how to post pictures....for an internet challenged old woman, it is not something that comes easily. I know enough just to be dangerous! I hope someone has really EASY instructions I can follow.

Thanks to all.....and bevangel, the Amish here do not have computers :-)...but I'll tell him anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here