Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carsonheim_gw

Owner Builders with construction loans....

carsonheim
9 years ago

I have a construction loan with a bank, and they are planning on disbursing the draws into a special construction account that I've set up at the same bank.

I submitted my first draw request about a week and a half ago, but nothing has been funded yet. Checked yesterday with the bank and they said they are doing the inspection (yesterday) and then will issue the draw.

What's the normal amount of time others have had to wait to get their draw requests processed?

Comments (5)

• jdez
    9 years ago

Our draws are immediate. We go in to the bank and say we need x amount and they cut a check right then and we are on our way. It is a small home town independent bank and most of them go to church with us. To simplify on the draws for the internet shopping, quick trips to big box stores, etc, I got a credit card that has no interest for 12 months. It is only used for build items. When I get a bill, I go get a draw for the full amount and pay it off every month. I always go with an envelope full of receipts but they have never asked for them. They do go by the house every couple of weeks to check our progress but that's about it.

• sweet_tea_
    9 years ago

My bank transfers the funds I request immediately. I just call my loan officer, tell her the amount I want and she transfers it over, it's been no problem. It is a small local bank and they've been great to work with.
    Sorry you're having such a hard time, that would be a pain. Good luck!

• User
    9 years ago

Most of my draws were set up for X amount of funds on a largely predetermined timeline. I remember there were inspections at key intervals too, and they wouldn't issue some of the draws until they were satisfied with the inspection. But even on the draws that required an inspection, I don't remember my bank (which is also local, just like the examples above) taking more than a few days.

• carsonheim
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info. Yeah, our construction loan has been kind of a nightmare from the get-go. At least we have the funds to float until the draw request is released to us!

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

We have a GC but our loan is the same as yours. Funds have to float and the bank cuts the check after they inspect. It is usually a day or so for them to send someone by but never a week. If we submit the request Friday, we get a check cut to the GC no later than Tuesday.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor