Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don Gardner 2nd story master

Posted by jamnich314 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 12:48

Is it just me or does Don Gardner have something against 2nd story masters? I have found it very difficult to find a plan from him with 3 or 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. I also haven't found a good way to search on his site for these specifications.

Anybody have any good plans that have 3 or 4 bedrooms - including the master suite - upstairs by Don Gardner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don Gardner 2nd story master

I should be more specific. I am looking for 3-4 beds upstairs in a home around 3000 sq ft. Anything more than 3200 or 3300 is just too much space. He has a lot of 2-story plans but they are in excess of 4,000 sq ft.

o

Is there a particular reason why you want to stick with Don Gardner?

Like every other on-line plan designer, Don Gardner designs what will sell most easily. And most people these days who want a 2 story house want the master on the main level to save themselves from walking up/down stairs quite so much. Also, many people are concerned that as they age, they won't be able to climb stairs so there are probably going to be a limited number of plans such as you describe on any body's website. To find something you like, it would probably be best to look at a variety of online designers.

That said, using the "advanced search" function on Don Gardner's site I pulled up these...all with three or four bedrooms upstairs (including the master) and all between 2500 and 3300 sq ft total.

The Clifton

The Haliday

The Bridgeport

The McPherson

The Battery Park

The Fayette

The Bradstreet

The Springdale

The Eden

The Normandie

The Warrenton

The Martindale

The Bellamy

The Harbour Oak

The Homestead

The Sinclair

o

We seriously considered the Aspen Hill House (still like it a lot) showed it to a builder that could not stop laughing at us to even consider a 2nd story master so we went back to reconsider - chose a ranch and was fortunate to build in 2005 and sell in 2011 at a profit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Don Gardner

o

www.dreamhomesource.com has a search feature that allows you to search for second story master bedrooms, you could try that.

How about something like this: http://www.dreamhomesource.com/house-plans/dhs/dhsw68376.html?from=search

Here is a link that might be useful: Dream Home Source

o

I just looked at the search features on Don Gardener's site, and there is also an option for an upstairs master.

Here is a link that might be useful: Advanced Search Don Gardner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here