Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceiling fan in bathroom

Posted by Tracik3 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 12:32

Do any of y'all have a ceiling fan in your master bathroom? I was just getting ready and I get so hot drying my hair and then doing my makeup. I have a little fan that I plug in. It would be so nice to have a ceiling fan in there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceiling fan in bathroom

No ceiling fan, but a really good exhaust fan.

o

I do not (and most likely I would not in the future), but many people do as you can see in the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fans in Bathrooms

o

If there is a light fixture on it be sure it does not violate the restrictions for bathroom pendant lights.

o

I installed one in our last house (resale not new construction) and we liked it so much we had the builder put one in our current house. He wasn't happy b/c he had to move the HVAC in the ceiling over a few feet, but we LOVE it! We use it every morning in the summer and it helps a LOT. We don't have a light kit just a small (~24") white fan. We have 12' ceilings so I put in a wall switch to control the fan speed.

o

I have one in my master, husband hates it, I love it!We have 10' ceilings no light kit.

o

When we lived in Houston TX we had one in both homes we lived in - really nice in a humid climate.

o

My husband and I both regret NOT having put a ceiling fan in our bathroom.

o

ok, thanks all! I'm going to email the draftsman about it.

o

In our last house in Houston we had 7 ceiling fans. In the bedrooms and bathrooms we used white or off white to blend into the ceilings. In other rooms like the family room den etc we went with a darker wood fan. We wanted the white fans to blend into the ceilings and not be so noticeable and felt that this would not work in the other rooms so we went with darker ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here