Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior door advice, please

Posted by momo7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 12:03

We have to pick interior doors. Our front door is two panels with an arch in the top panel so I thought interior doors would be the samel. Okay so far. Then the builder asked me if I would like a french door on our mudroom which is immediately to the left as you enter the house. That sounds nice, I think. It will let in light from the east.

Now comes the tricky part. The french door could have an arch and multiple panes of glass, kind of coordinate with the front door which is right there. But we have an exterior french door in the kitchen which you can't see from the entrance. It is just rectangular glass with no lites, I think. Which one would you pick?

I know this is trivial but anybody's opinion would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior door advice, please

Do you have pics?

o

Okay. I think this picture will be sideways, sorry.

photo.JPG

First three doors, on top, are what we have. Exterior door, interior doors, and glass door off of kitchen. The first door is the only one you can see at the same time. The next thre doors are the ones I am considering for the mudroom entrance. I don't suppose it really matters. I think any door would look fine but what say you?

o

I like the middle multi paned one myself. Just personal opinion of course. And don't worry about it seeming trivial. I obsess over the smallest things that no one will probably ever notice! but I will!

o

Thank you!

That's the one my DH liked the best - so he'll think he got to call that one :-)

o

I actually like the first. It echos the simplicity of the interior doors. The middle one is a tad busy for me.

o

Also the dimensions of the frame is closer to the frame of your other doors. It matches up better width wise and I think visually would flow better. That may be why it stands out more in the pics to your husband. It visual departs somewhat. If it does it in pics it probably will once hung. If that is what you want then that would be great but based on what you said I don't think that was what you were going for...just JMHO.

o

Oh, well..

gaonmymind - That was actually the one I liked best as well - although I couldn't for the life of me explained why. Although as a general rule, I lean towards simpler things than my DH but my builder was anxiously awaiting my decision so they're already ordered. It's nice we're ahead of schedule but I feel pressured to make decisions fast - not my particular strength. Thanks for chiming in.

And I thought there couldn't possibly be anybody out there who would care about my mudroom door :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here