Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please critique this plan - Solferino Plan

Posted by limon (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 4, 14 at 11:46

Good morning and Happy Independence Day!

We have finally found a plan. I would love to hear any feedback or thoughts you have on it. We have a view lot, with views in back and in front but the rear view is the primary view.

Only thing we are changing at the moment is making the foundation a basement. We cannot do a walk-out on our lot.

House plan is called "Solferino Luxury Home Plan" #592-091d-0444 from homeplansandmore.com - if you built this please share pictures!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plan 592-091d-0444

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please critique this plan - Solferino Plan

bump

o

bumping now that the holiday weekend is over

o

The first thing that strokes me is the corner tv cabinet. Most everyone has big flat screens nowadays. Which don't fit well in corners. I'd hate to spend all that ones on built ins that are almost obsolete. If you just look on craigslist, people,are trying to give away hundreds of corner tv cabinets.

Same thing with the corner desk in the computer room. Most people are on laptops and tablets now.

Do you need a walk in closet in the mudroom? The closet is small enough that it is just creating an extra step to grab your coats. Reach is may be sufficient.

There is no pantry. Where do you plan to stop all your food? I would consider taking some space out of the mudroom and computer room to make a pantry.

o

My husband is in construction, need a large mudroom and closet as he makes a mess and always has a ton of "stuff" at the door that I don't want in the house.

Good point on the TV thing - I was happy to see there was a place to put one (fireplaces always take up TV space and I never know where to put a TV - I hate the look of a tv above a fireplace). I didn't realize it would be for the old box tvs.

There is a pantry, in the computer room (which would be an office).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here