Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Owens corning driftwood or teak?,

Posted by Lanced52 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 11:13

Anyone have pictures of their homes with owens corning oakridge driftwood or teak shingles? Having a hard time deciding

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Owens corning driftwood or teak?,

Do a Google search under images, more than a few roof's will pop up.

o

Our house is driftwood

o

if you click on the picture it will turn over. it's hard to see the color in this pic, but driftwood has some bluegray, gray green, and touch of tan in it. i prefer it over teak by far, but i'm not sure what colors your home is in.

here's a pic of it under construction. you can see the colors better. the bricks look a little off in color in this pic. not sure why, but the roof looks pretty true to color

photo ourbricks15.jpg

o

We have the Driftwood.

This post was edited by steph0509 on Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 21:34

o

Do you think OC driftwood or GAF Timberline Weathered Wood would look better on our home with the brick that we have in the front. We will be painting the house soon some greige or taupe color. Worried that the Driftwood has too much blue gray in it and lighter than I want. Yet I think the Weathered Wood might be too brown. Am really looking for a greyish brown roof. Which one???

o

How about a picture of the full house, can't get a good idea as it involves more than just brick color.

This post was edited by millworkman on Mon, May 26, 14 at 11:21

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here