Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
handhouse

Looking for a cottage farmhouse plan???

handhouse
9 years ago

Hi All - I have been searching high and low and cannot find a cottage farmhouse plan like what I envision in my mind. Have any of you all come across one that comes to mind. The link below is what I'm thinking and the plans I'm finding all remind me more of low country houses down south and that's not what I'm looking for. Please help!! I don't think we have it in our budget to hire an architect to design one. Any help would be wonderful, Thanks

http://theinspiredroom.net/2013/05/21/farmhouse-cottage-2/

Comments (8)

• farmhousegirl
    9 years ago

Southern LIving house plans have some similar homes. Also, the hgtv dream home in Sonoma, CA a few years ago...can't remember what year is a lovely farmhouse. We are also doing a farmhouse, but our builder and architect said we basically have to have plans drawn up anyway and it's just throwing away money to buy them online. (Anyone else what to chime in on this issue?) There are just so many local codes that these plans may not have. We found a few plans online and then our architect drew up something similar. We spent 8k on full plans, but everything is up to local codes, etc. LOVE the house you chose..Cute cute house!! Totally my taste!

• handhouse
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi farmhousegirl - Thanks so much for your help! That is very good to know about the plans. We have to touch base with a builder here soon, I was just hoping to find, like you said a couple plans to show them that we like the exterior of. I'm sure stuff can be changed around on the inside. Where are you building, I want to say I read you are up my way?? We totally have similar taste. If you're close maybe you could share who you went through to draw yours up!! 8k is doable and worth it. I was just imagining it was much more. We are building on 7 acres 30 minutes north or Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Maybe we could share emails and go through this journey together. Mine is knhand@comcast.net

• handhouse
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh and farmhouse girl - have you caught fixer upper on hgtv!!!?? If not, it's a must, the husband wife team that do the remodels Chip and Joanna Gaines have an amazing cottage farmhouse. Inside is totally my style right down to the ship lap. You can find their farmhouse if you google it!

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

I just wanted to say I LOVE that house. The scalloped trim, that front porch, the pretty white with the black door and hanging lantern, oh my goodness. That is perfect inspiration and you must build it! :-)

• handhouse
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Skyangel23 - My thoughts exactly...I really hope we can replicate it!!!

• lmccarly
    9 years ago

Here's one.

Here is a link that might be useful: SL house plan

• bridget helm
    9 years ago

allison ramsey has cute farmhouses. she calls them cottages, but some are not truly cottages. google her.

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

I found this site recommended on a really old thread while surfing. Moser Design Group. They have quite a few farm house designs and they look to be laid out very nicely-IMO.