Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steveshears

Looking for feedback on my first house design

steveshears
11 years ago

Hello,

I live in Comox on Vancouver Island, Canada and this is my first post to this site eventhough I have been working on these house plans for over a year now I guess I was just too nervous and shy to ask for your feedback and advice.

What I am hoping for is for some viewers to find some time to review my plan and tell me what they think.

I am a single man and will be living in the upper floor and will have familiy visiting on ocassion. The lower floor which I will submit next has a legal suite which will be a mortgage helper when complete.

My areas of concern are the LV room first. My issue is I dislike having a TV above the fireplace and was thinking of kicking back the ensuite wall by a foot or so and countersinking the TV in the wall, with a later add on of a large sliding art photo to hide the TV when not in use, as I do not watch TV often just possibly a movie once a week.

And I also thought about making the ensuite smaller by two feet, adding the the great room and redesigning the ensuite fixtures. Only one sure thing is having the tub against the outside wall.

I decided to place another window a transum above the mstr bed fyi.

Well thats it, its a pretty basic and common floor plan but I am open to all suggestions and concerns.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Steve

Comments (4)