Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for feedback on my first house design

Posted by steveshears (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 2:19

Hello,

I live in Comox on Vancouver Island, Canada and this is my first post to this site eventhough I have been working on these house plans for over a year now I guess I was just too nervous and shy to ask for your feedback and advice.

What I am hoping for is for some viewers to find some time to review my plan and tell me what they think.

I am a single man and will be living in the upper floor and will have familiy visiting on ocassion. The lower floor which I will submit next has a legal suite which will be a mortgage helper when complete.

My areas of concern are the LV room first. My issue is I dislike having a TV above the fireplace and was thinking of kicking back the ensuite wall by a foot or so and countersinking the TV in the wall, with a later add on of a large sliding art photo to hide the TV when not in use, as I do not watch TV often just possibly a movie once a week.

And I also thought about making the ensuite smaller by two feet, adding the the great room and redesigning the ensuite fixtures. Only one sure thing is having the tub against the outside wall.

I decided to place another window a transum above the mstr bed fyi.

Well thats it, its a pretty basic and common floor plan but I am open to all suggestions and concerns.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for feedback on my first house design

http://imgur.com/a/jT4W5

Sorry here are the pics,

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Upper and Lower floor plans

o

I only looked at the top plan.
I find that the proportions could be better. You have a hallway that is about 8' wide and a bedroom with that is about 10' with a tiny closet.
There are a few things that you could do to fix that. It'll be nice if you could fit a standard size shower.

o

Just making it easier for others.

o

All those doors in the den leave no room for furniture!

I would not like looking at a toilet while in the kitchen. And anyone staying in that bedroom has to go through the kitchen to go to the bathroom.

Not too crazy for the washer and dryer as is.

naf naf already mentioned the tiny closet in the tiny room and huge hall....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here