Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bercaw_gw

Akrotique

bercaw
10 years ago

We're about to stucco our home and plan on using Akrotique based on what I've read & the few pictures I've seen online. To help us decide on color, I'd love & appreciate it if those of you who've used it could post pictures & the name of the color you used.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)

• sedona_heaven
    10 years ago

Here's the color we chose. I don't know the formula but do know it required doubling it (at least) for intensity.

• sedona_heaven
    10 years ago

Here's a larger view of the house from the back.

• pcw7w6
    10 years ago

Can you tell us what the base color was? We LOVE the look of your stucco with Akrotique. We currently had brown stucco applied to our house but unfortunately found out that akrotique will not be noticeable over a brown base. What color was the stucco before Akrotique was applied? Can you also tell us the texture type?

thanks!

• sedona_heaven
    10 years ago

OK, just went to the garage to rummage around and see what I could find outâ¦.and I found it! They did a sample board for us and it says "Base #90, Plus#2 Acrotique 2 passes.

I hope that makes sense to someone else. What I recall is that they doubled the color to get this shade.

I will upload another couple pics, but can't figure out how to embed more than one per message.

Good luck with your house!

• sedona_heaven
    10 years ago

Note that the sample board is a little duller than the house. The foreman was on site supervising and asked them to bump up the color a bit as an executive decision. It may fade a bit to the original shade, which would be fine with me - just a little more neutral brownish and a little less terra cotta. So the formula may be closer to the sample board. I also think there is an art to this, so you may want to be on site if the shade is important to you.

It does look beautiful with the contrast of the sky and the landscape in spring, IMHO.

• sedona_heaven
    10 years ago

This was a new build, but I recall the underlying stucco was grey. I actually liked the color when it was wet (a dark grey); that would have been my second choice. But this is much warmer.

That's all the information I have. There is a bucket of something called Omega Flex in the garage too, don't know if that's helpful. It says "acrylic stucco finish for cement substrate" but there isn't a color or anything on it.

Good luck with your build!

• sedona_heaven
    10 years ago

Just an update of the patio progress since the last pic. DH put the rock in and I love the color with the stucco color. Also used a lot of rocks on the property for edging. Firepit isn't finished but he will add interior rock and we will hopefully be planting soon! His goal is a spot for the grandchildren to roast marshmallows out of the wind. Currently working a larger version of the patio behind the house.