Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whitney_c

Flooring - Countertops Suggestions Online or in NC

whitney_c
11 years ago

Hi,

My husband and I are in the early stages of building a new home. We are in the triad area of North Carolina and are looking for advice on affordable hardwood floors and tile. Also we are interested in a good place to purchase granite for countertops.

Comment (1)

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

Weeks Flooring in Greensboro hands down for hardwood floors and tile--Ask for Fred. Lowest material prices we could find for the different tile selections we went with + average priced install. This is one company that passes the savings on to the customer if their supplier offers them an incentive/sale price on materials. (Ex. the two differents tile styles we chose for our master shower and kids' baths were priced at $2.00 sq ft because of incentive pricing the supplier offered for that month. Everywhere else that carried that tile wanted $4.50-$7.00 sq ft for the same tile). Quality of work and materials on hardwoods excellent, there for you before, during and after the sale and install, & pricing is on the affordable end. Best prices I could find on Mohawk Smartstrand carpet too without going to Lowe's or HD. Especially with the flooring, make sure you educate yourself on exactly what you're getting with each vendor (size hardwood, prefinished or site finished, does it include finishing, weight of carpet, weight of padding, cost of install, etc). After we did that, and we tried (without success) the price-match strategy with other vendors that came recommended to us, it became a no-brainer to go with Weeks.

Granite--I would recommend Schneider Stone (showrooms in Greensboro & Asheboro with stoneyard in Asheboro). IMO, just start in Asheboro as the Greensboro showroom is just that--a big space with some 12"x12" and 24"x36" samples, and a few counters/islands/vanities--exactly what you've likely already seen on a trip to Lowe's or HD. Malave is always a good bet (in Greensboro on Industrial, I think --by UPS). There is also a place in Eden, NC called Piedmont Surfaces that I would recommend--they have a unique fabrication option for sinks that allows you to take full advantage of the entire sink base that also looks really cool.

Feel free to click my username and email me if you want more info. Hope this helps!

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone