Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachhouse17_gw

Beach House Floor Plan Comments??

beachhouse17
9 years ago

Attached is our beach house floor plan, please let me know if you have any thoughts/suggestions/comments!

Note, the beach is to the right of the house, with another three houses between us and the beach, so the views are from the front and the back. Thanks!!

Comments (8)

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

Your images are way too small to comment on. Can you please post them separately?

• dekeoboe
    9 years ago

Do you have an elevation you can post?

• beachhouse17
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the replies, the link has the floor plan and elevation on PDF. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor Plan and Elevation

• pixie_lou
    9 years ago

Is there are garage? Not shown on the plan, but listed on the sf. And where do the stairs from the first floor go, since stairs are not shown on the second floor?

Would it make sense to move the laundry to the first floor . I envision coming home with dirty wet beach towels, swum suits, etc. not wanting to carry the mess up to the second floor.

Would you want to enlarge the deck off the mbr so that bedroom 2 would also have deck access? Or is that a private deck for the mbr only?

The bath off bedroom 2 has doors on both the toilet and shower. Do you need these to be in separate areas . Or could you remove the wall and have the shower and toilet combined? If you eliminated the door to the sink area from the bedroom, it would probably make the closet more usable. I'm guessing this is a guest room, since it has 2 double beds.

There are no dimensions, but the master closet looks tiny. Its labelled as walk in, but I suspect there is only room to stand in there. The whole closet looks about the size of your toilet stall. I think the whole master bath and closet could be reworked. You have a tiny closet, yet a huge open space in the middle of the bathroom.

I'm not sure where those stairs go, but the ones on the right come up to the deck and the window to the powder room is right there as people make the turn onto the deck. Which means you will want to keep that powder room covered at ALL times.

• beachhouse17
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. I should have mentioned, the first floor is on stilts 16 feet up in the air, so the stairs on the right lead to the ground. The garage is below the first floor on the ground level.

We had more room on the second floor, so the laundry is up there, but I agree it would be nice to find a place on the first.

Deck off the master is small to allow for some of the first floor deck to be uncovered in the rare instance that you want to be in the heat in Texas!

Bedroom 3 is a bunk room, so 6 people could be in there. That's why we tried to make separate areas for the tub and toilet, though I realize it's not as efficient and the closet is a bit awkward.

Thought on the master closet was it's OK to have it smaller in a weekend beach house, but I see you're point and we'll see if we can use the space better.

Powder room window is a transom window, but you can't tell from the drawing.

Thanks again!

• ILoveRed
    9 years ago

Very nice. Lots of space and room for guests in 2500 sq ft.

Looks like you have the most important rooms enjoying the view.

Huge bedroom on the first floor. That's ok. You could put a couple of sets of bunk beds in there if you wanted.

I noticed the upstairs bedroom is big enough for 2 beds. Are they full or queen?

Elevator is a nice touch.

Is this on the ocean? Will you be building with the intention of living in it FT, vacation home, or perhaps for rental. Anyway...I think it looks pretty good.

Kitchen forum will help you when you are ready.

• pixie_lou
    9 years ago

I'm wondering how often you plan to have 6 people in bedroom #3? And assuming that bedroom 1 and 2 would also be full? Would it be worth changing the door to bedroom 2 to make it hall access? Or add a shower to the 1st floor powder room? Or maybe even an outdoor shower?

• beachhouse17
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Red_lover: the beds in room 3 are bunk beds with full beds on bottom. It's four houses from the beach. It will be a vacation house and occasional rental.

Pixie_lou: we probably won't have 6 people in there that often, but might for rentals. We plan to have an outdoor shower on the ground level.

Thanks!