Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
badger21_gw

Foundation Crack

badger21
10 years ago

My husband and I arrived at our site today only to see a pile of busted up concrete and the 2 walls that make up part of our garage/house foundation not there anymore. The basement floor was suppose to be poured today. I guess a portion of the foundation popped/cracked so the foundation walls were completely removed and will have to be replaced. Our garage is attaced and side loading so the walls I'm speaking of are the front wall of the garage and the wall of the garage on the interior side of our house. The foundation cured for at least 10 days before they back filled. Our GC says it will be fixed and this does not jeopardize the integrity or strength of the house.. I'm glad that it was noticed and the building process did not just proceed with a cracked foundation but I'm freaking out.

Is this true, will our house foundation still be strong? Will an inspection take place after the these foundation walls are poured again? Is this common? Help I'm in panic mode!!!! This is the biggest investment of our lives and having foundation issues is not a setback I imagined dealing with.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments (3)