Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
window and trim match

Posted by williemon (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 22:32

Does everyone prefer to have their exterior house trim work color match the window trim color? Seems I see this most of the time when using wood windows. The windows are painted the same as all the other exterior trim.

Im building with vinyl windows. Do all those with vinyl windows try to match the trim to those? If you have the white vinyl, what paint color do you choose for the house trim?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: window and trim match

My vinyl windows are a clay color (taupe), and I chose a trim color to match it. My siding is a shade or two lighter, but not so much to make the trim harsh.

o
RE: window and trim match

I had the same dilemma when we built. I drove around looking at new homes that used vinyl windows (in the $500K and up range). In the model homes I toured, many used white windows and their trim was off-white / cream, both inside and out. It didn't look bad, so that's what we went with. I originally wanted "tan", BUT didn't like the inside look with creamy colored molding. Up close, you obviously notice a difference, but from the street, it's hard to tell. I figured it'd made a bigger difference if we'd gone with the tan windows, and I didn't want to go that dark with my outside trim color (and then what to do indoors?).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here