Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any thoughts on this basement 'pub' design for our house.....

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 22:26

My husband wants to do an English pub style bar area in our walk out basement, which will also contain an area with some couches and a flat screen as well as a wood burning oven that will heat a large part of the house, there is a bathroom, storage, and a future work out room. he and the cabinet guy worked on this plan together and he seems happy with it, but i wonder if it's well-designed and will fit with the aesthetic of the house.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any thoughts on this basement 'pub' design for our house.....

He may want to hint at the "cage" if he is going for some authenticity.

o

I'm not following, palimpsest.

o

Oh, the bar had a cage for the liquor, usually a screen of spindles kind of like stair balusters. I was looking for a picture but haven't found a good one yet. It's one of those things that could look 1970s hokey though, if not done right.

o

I'd tell him he can do anything he wants, downstairs in his pub...if you can do whatever you want, upstairs in your kitchen :)

Personally, I like lots of dark wood, dark green fabric, some brown leather and maybe a bit of plaid...with brass rails and accents, but I don't know if that would be accurate at all.

o

lavender, your ideas are right up my alley and sound wonderful.

the house has been a team effort, but he calls most of the shots in the basement since it seems he's leaving a lot of the decorating upstair to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here