Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Construction loan in the south

Posted by buildiva22 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 22:21

Hello; We are building in GA, an suburb area in Cummings. For those who built in GA or surrounding area in the south, which bank did you use for construction loan? There are not too many around in the area that offer construction loan anymore. DH has talked to a few banks but we would dig into more options if there are. Thank you v much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Construction loan in the south

Try Farm Credit. It's a two time close, but they will generally work with you on that if you use Country Mortgages (their office should be right there with the Farm Credit office) for your permanent mortgage. It was smooth sailing for us--especially compared to the traditional bank options.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Farm Credit Main Site

o

If Farm Credit doesn't work try US Bank - they have some decent terms nationally.

o

thank you!!

o

You could also try BB&T.

o

We are using Suntrust and are in the Atlanta area.

o

Posted by gaonmymind (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 19:40

We are using Suntrust and are in the Atlanta area.

Sorry about this but you might be waiting for 3-4 months if you haven't already with those guys.

o

Unfortunately, Farm credit didn't work for me. I called them and they only serve rural area. I will try US bank next, thank you.

o

buildiva22 if you PM me I'll send you a referral at US Bank who I have been working with who has been very easy to work with!

o

Thanks Laura12. Just sent you a pm!!

o

pbx2 - what do you mean...the process has been quick for me. I have caused more delay than them.

o

We are using Regions Bank in FL, but I know they are in GA as well - our draws are actually serviced in AL. Some of the initial costs were more than I liked, but the longterm rates were great and the service has been fabulous. We are in Southwest Florida - smack in the middle of one of the biggest bubble areas in the country - and construction loans are almost impossible to get here so our choices were limited.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here