Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pbx2_gw

Fixtures Vendors Online?

pbx2_gw
11 years ago

We're in the fixtures selection phase of our build.

No offense but our local ferguson's doesn't strike us as an effective use of our allowance.

Can the gw.com community suggests some on-line resources with good selection, price & service please?

Fixtures for bathroom, kitchen including lighting.

So far - we know about faucet.com but where else can we go to do some great shopping?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    11 years ago

Signaturehardware.com - Great prices on faucets and tubs - especially if you like the "old house" look. I got all my faucets and a gorgeous cast-iron clawfoot tub from them. They're not selling the "brand names" but every single faucet I got was solid heavy brass and beautifully made. No plastic parts in any of it. Plumber said it was all as nice as anything he'd ever installed. SignatureHardware had great service too. When one faucet arrived with a scratch despite their packing efforts (the outer box everything came in had been totally CRUSHED by the shipper but only this one faucet had any damage), they just had me email them a picture of the damage and then they shipped a replacement part right out. I had it within just a few days. Told me not to bother to ship back the scratched part as they couldn't resell it anyway. SignatureHardware also carries a lot of other things besides bath fixtures but prices on other items tend to be closer to prices you'll find at local stores.

LightingDirect.com - I bought about a dozen light fixtures and several Hunter ceiling fans from them. No problems at all. Everything arrived on time and well packaged. Lighting Direct tells you the name of the manufacturer so you can easily compare prices with local stores and/or other on line sellers.

Overstock.com. You never know what they'll have in stock but it never hurts to look. And they will price match if you find something you like cheaper at another online vendor whose reputation may be a bit questionable. I got some great deals on Tiffany style mini-pendant lights for my kitchen. ($29.95 each). Overstock.com sometimes doesn't tell you the brand names when you shop but my pendant lights turned out to be Kichler lights that had been discontinued. They were still in their original Kichler boxes and had Kichler warranty cards enclosed. After getting mine I found a very similar Kichler fixture (slightly different Tiffany glass design but otherwise identical - same size, same pendant holder, etc.) at a local light shop for almost $200!

Craigslist.com. I know it sounds funny but sometimes people are selling brand new building supplies on Craigslist. Maybe they ordered something for their homes and then changed their minds. You just have to keep an eye out and be ready to jump on it when you see something you like and can use. I got three brand-new Blanco Silgranite sinks via Criagslist, each for about 1/3rd of the suggested retail price! You do want to carefully inspect anything you're thinking of purchasing from a Craigslist seller because you don't get any warranties.

• pbx2_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow - bevangel - didn't know you & others are so resourceful.
    I thought I was the only willing to dig through the 'bargain bin sites'!

thanks for the data.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County