Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I make my dining room window too small?

Posted by lnia (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 21:48

So, I have made some adjustments to windows post plans to make them more affordable. Now I wonder If i have gone overboard and am starting to affect the aesthetics of the home too much.

My biggest concern right now is dining room and den windows. They were originally 7 1/2 feel tall and 7 feet wide. I reduced them to 7 feet tall by 6 feet wide. I feel like they look too narrow now. I can still have carpenters change. What do you think? The room is ~ 12.5 inches wide by 17 feet long and the opening between the kitchen nook and the dining room is 7ft wide.

Would truly appreciate your feedback.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I make my dining room window too small?

one more picture- front....dining room and den window are the same size....

o

It's hard to tell without seeing the full scope from an outside exterior shot. With that said, it's looking like a nice size to me. Are you worried about the appearance from the interior or the exterior? Are you afraid they look too stubby (for lack of a better word) in relation to the rest of the exterior?

o

I think it looks fine. Remember that there will be trim, and in a suburban house, window treatments to consider. You will also have furniture on at least one wall. You want to leave a bit of breathing room.

o

here is the link of the exterior so far.

Basically, I think the door needs to be as wide as tall. the windows up above (bedroom) will be 5x5.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here