{{gwi:1462236}}

{{gwi:1462237}}

{{gwi:1462238}}

{{gwi:1462239}}

{{gwi:1462240}}

Comments (11)

• vfish
    16 years ago

Absolutely Beautiful, nice job! Can't wait to see all of the finished pictures.

• klabio
    16 years ago

We could make this into a stained pine trim thread. Here's mine:

Mine are what the builder would describe as "regular ol' pine" 1x4 casings and 1x6 base. Our style is a bit more informal. Yours are definitely a nicer grade with no knots. My stain is Minwax Colonial Maple.

• reliabilityman
    16 years ago

Is stained pine more expensive than say other crown moldings on the market today. It looks wonderful!!
    Thanks

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Looks great, Kelly!

Y'all can't have a stained pine party without me!

Master Bath
    {{gwi:1462245}}

Kitchen towards breakfast room (cedar beams on ceiling)

{{gwi:1462246}}

Sunroom:
    {{gwi:1450462}}

Great Room doors (sorry about that glare!)
    {{gwi:1462247}}

• kellyeng
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Vfish - Thanks, I think you have alder trim right? Let's see 'em!

Klabio - That's what we have "regular 'ol pine." We are doing 1x4 vertical & 1x6 horizontal casing and 1x6 base. The stain is Minwax chestnut.

Reliabilityman - It's much less expensive than molding.

Allison - I was hoping you would post your trim pics. It ain't a "stained pine party" without you!

• amyks
    16 years ago

Kelly, gorgeous, what a rich looking stain color!! You must be really excited, seems like you're getting there. And Allison, I always love looking at pictures of your house, I didn't realize your trim was pine. I don't know how I missed that, I'm on this site far too much!! So, I have a question for both of you, where did you get your stainable pine doors, and if you don't mind my asking, around how much did you pay for them? I have to find three doors to stain (the rest are painted) for my DH library. My gc seems to think fiberglass is ok, but we've always said stainable pine. Any help would be so appreciated! Oh, and I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, Kelly...your pictures are great, what is the rust paint color, I love it!

Amy

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Just ignore the pillow on the floor - that shuts the door when the dog lets himself back in from the veranda. ;)

We used SW Walnut Wainscott and distressed every single piece before it was stain/installed. Long weekend, especially in July southern heat!

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Missed your post, Amy. Thanks. I'll look up the info for you. I think the exterior doors are from Barnett Millworks...or those were in the interior ones. I'll have to check on that and get back to you. Prices have probably gone up - we moved in the end of Sept '05.

• allison0704
    16 years ago

Looked up the info - no luck on brand names for the exterior french doors. They were 1365 a pair. Fixed or operable.

The interior are by Barnett Millworks. Priced as follows:
    3068 $267.20
    3068 double pair/1668 $285

2668 $258.75
    2688 double pair/1368 $285

5068 double pair/2668 $285

All interior - 4 9/16 jambs

Price for clear pine boards:
    1x6 3.60
    1x4 2.40

• amyks
    16 years ago

Thank you, allison, for looking all of that up. I have a meeting with the gc at 9 tomorrow morning, and will take this info w/ me. This will be very helpful.

Amy

• kellyeng
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Amyks - the paint color is SW Red Cent. I have it in my current office and love it so much I used it in my new office.

My GC builds his own doors so I won't be of any help to you there.