Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
badfish22

is this a crappy type job?

badfish22
10 years ago

I happen to think so. what do y'all think? can this be fixed. and yes this is a custom home.

This post was edited by badfish22 on Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 20:42

Comments (20)

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another 1

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another 1

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another 1

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another 1

{{!gwi}}

• MFatt16
    10 years ago

Its a little messy and that one grout line around the trim is pretty thick but it's hard to say in such a small shot. What's the rest look like?

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

the rest looks good except what's in the pics

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

title should be. is this a crappy tile job? don't know how to change it

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• MFatt16
    10 years ago

That is sloppier than I would be comfortable with. The uneven grout lines are unacceptable, the mess is not as bad but its fixable.

• FmrQuahog
    10 years ago

it's totally amateurish
    I would not pay for such inferior work...and I'd raise hell with the tile setter.
    Was the guy drunk on the job?

• badfish22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Any one else

• robin0919
    10 years ago

I wouldn't pay until it was fixed.

• dbrad_gw
    10 years ago

I wouldn't accept that. Filling spaces like that with grout is for amateur DIYers, not a new custom home. Heck I did a better job than that at my first ever DIY tile job in my own home. No way should a "pro" be turning out such sloppy work and no way should it be acceptable to either you or your GC.

• dbrad_gw
    10 years ago

I can't tell what that last picture is supposed to be, but those two misaligned tiles are also **completely unacceptable**.

• mrspete
    10 years ago

Yeah, it looks sloppy. It looks like something I'd do myself, which is why I teach school instead of laying tile.

• Awnmyown
    10 years ago

Wow. Yeah, that's not pro-work. My first time laying tile was a better job then that, and the second time puts it to shame. No one who's being paid for custom tile work would be satisfied doing that sort of finishing job. Unfortunately, this now means a headache for you.

• sonepi
    10 years ago

Definitely a crappy job. I would not accept it and would have them redo it. As far as how to fix, that is their job to determine how to remedy the problem.

Those uneven grout lines would have caught my eye instantly. It looks like they did not lay it out first in a dry fit to make sure the tiles were spaced right not to have those gaps around the edges. This does not look like the work of someone experienced or even a handy DIYer.

• bridget helm
    10 years ago

It will bother you everyday if you don't get it fixed now. This happened in the house we are in now and EVERY single morning for the past 7 years when I'm leaving my bathroom I see the messy grout all and the huge grout line. It looks terrible. It always looks dirty too no matter how often I clean it.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

No skill or pride in workmanship. I hope you get it resolved to industry standards.