Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found paint colors but not in our builder's brand

Posted by Mom23Es (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 20:32

Our builder uses Glidden. That's fine with me, but today we went to our local parade of homes and found a few paint colors we'd like to use. We have the specific names of the paints, but they are from Sherwin Williams. DH is concerned that if we color match it may be hard to buy more paint in the future. Is this a problem?

I feel silly asking this because we really should be able to just pick a color. Glidden offers a zillion options, but we are absolutely terrible with picking paint colors. It would be awesome to just pick a color scheme we know looks good.

What's the best way to go about matching paint colors from different brands?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found paint colors but not in our builder's brand

I really shouldn't be hard to match the color in the future. All the paint pails/cans will be labeled with the formula used to get that color, so all you have to do is bring that information into the store and they can make more of the same color.

o
RE: Found paint colors but not in our builder's brand

Here's the way we do it. Doesn't matter whether it's a standard or custom color. We ask for a second label and stick in on top of a piece of 8.5x11 paper. We write down where it was used and then put a nice swipe of the paint on the paper. When it dries we put it in the filing cabinet for future reference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here