Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unsure about siding - have pics of dark grey?

Posted by girlonafarm (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 21, 10 at 19:43

After a three week wait our siding arrived on Friday. The contractors started putting it up today and it is darker and less blue than I had anticipated. We chose Mastic Deep Granite 4 1/2" Double Lap and the siding is beautiful, I am just a little worried about it making the house look to dark. When choosing colors I used the Mastic design feature on their website and the siding appeared to be more of grey/blue color. The siding does at times have a blue hue, but it is more grey than I had anticipated. Anyone have a dark grey house or have pictures of one? I'd like to just see some pics to at least get an idea of what the finished house will look like. We have a black tin roof and white trim/windows. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I have reason to be worried??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unsure about siding - have pics of dark grey?

I love a dark grey house and if you have bright white trim you should be fine! The black roof is in keeping also so I wouldn't worry :)

o

It's a light grey/blueish hue, but it's food for thought. Good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

srercrcr, is this your house? It's beautiful. I LOVE all the trim around the doors and windows! The grey/white color scheme looks great and our grey is growing on me as well. Thanks for the pic.

o

We're also planning on doing dark gray with white, but we haven't broken ground yet. I have some 3D renderings that we like the look of, so maybe they will help?

southwest_view

northeast_view

I know it's just a rendering and so the color might be off enough to not really be helpful but I figured I'd try.

o

Brickton, that is very similar to the color of our siding and I think it looks great. My reservations are gone about it now and I'm in love with it. I just needed some adjustment time to get my mental picture adjusted to what the real color was going to be.

Thanks for posting the pics of your house. I love the white trim!

o

You'll find yourself doing this a lot throughout the process! I love the dark grey

o

Our new house is timberbark hardi-- not grey but definitely a dark color. I was worried too but we have lots of white trim & I think that the contrast looks great.

It is still a work in progress but hopefully you can get an idea of how the finished product may look.

Good Luck in your decision.
Photobucket

o

We have the gray shingle/white trim going on as well. These aren't the most current pics, but you can get the idea. Ours looks a little on the blue side, which we didn't want, but it still looks ok to us.

o

Very nice indeed.

o

One of my favorite houses is maybe more of a navy blue I guess. I'm trying to post the link here. I love the the navy or dark grey color scheme.

Here is a link that might be useful: KyleHuntPartners

o

girlonafarm I know this is an older post, but how did your Deep Granite siding house come out? We are torn between Deep Granite and English Wedgewood from Mastic. Do you have a picture you can post of how it came out in Deep Granite??? Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here