Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Greywater System...anyone used them?

Aims
9 years ago

We saw a demonstration of a greywater system and we are VERY interested. Essentially the system takes your used sink water, shower/bath water, and laundry water and runs it through a filter. It then uses that water to help water your landscape. The blackwater piping has water used for toilets and kitchen water is not used. (As far as I can tell. I'm still learning.)

We have strict watering guidelines here. You can only water your lawn on a certain days based on the last number of your address. Since you use greywater to water your lawn, those restrictions don't apply to you so you can have landscaping and keep it alive.

We are going to investigate this more with our builder, but I am curious if anyone here has used one. The idea of it is so brilliant that it sounds too good to be true. It'll be easier to put this in during the building phase too although they say you can do it later.

The cost is about $5,000 which they say is only slightly more expensive than a regular sprinkler system. But this whole idea just seems so much more responsible.

This post was edited by aimless07 on Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 18:10

Comments (5)